POKER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Poker terms and conditions together with ‘Our terms and conditions’ cover the agreement between you and us in relation to your use of the Poker Room and the Network.
In these Poker terms and conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise:
‘Bots’ are software programs or other devices which interact with the game software to play poker, while requiring little or no human intervention. They may use rules or artificial intelligence to make playing decisions.
‘Network’ means the Microgaming Poker Network.
‘our/us/we’ means Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited.
‘Players/you/your’ means yourself and any customer of the Poker Room or Network.
‘Poker Room’ the poker room and any other poker games offered by us on this website. References to the Poker Room are also references to us.
In addition to accepting these Poker terms and conditions, Players acknowledge and agree to be bound by the House Rules and Game Rules of the Poker Room as amended from time to time.
- Players acknowledge that the Games may be played "for free" or "for real money". Subject to the powers of the Poker Room to restrict or refuse participation in the Games or to withdraw or suspend Games, participation in the Games is at the option, discretion and risk of the Player. By participating in "real-money" Games, the Player acknowledges and confirms that it is legal to do so in accordance with the laws of the Player's jurisdiction, and that he or she accepts that the Poker Room is unable to provide any warranties as to the legality or otherwise of his or her participation in "real-money" play at the Poker Room.
- Any controversy or dispute among any Players or between one or more Players and the Poker Room shall be settled by the Poker Room whose decision shall be final and binding in all respects. The Poker Room requires that all controversies or disputes be reported by email.
- The Poker Room reserves the right to suspend or withdraw any Game in its absolute discretion and/or to add further Games from time to time. The Poker Room also reserves the right to amend the House Rules and/or the basis of play of any Game or relevant Game Rules at any time. Any such amendment will be effective immediately on its posting on the Poker Room website. Use by you of the Poker Room at any time following such posting shall constitute your acceptance of such amendments.
- Players are solely responsible for the security of their account information and password(s). Should a Player inadvertently disclose his or her password to another person, the Player agrees to contact the Poker Room immediately to modify the password. Players are responsible for any unauthorized use of their account and/or password. In the event that a third party places a bet or is thought to have placed a bet wager or stake, such bet wager or stake shall be valid, whether or not the alleged third party had the prior consent or knowledge of the Player or has misappropriated account and password information of the Player. Under no circumstances will any bet wager or stake be cancelled for that reason.
- Any Player found using multiple clients or found attempting to manipulate or ascertain information concerning the Game software code or involved in collusion, will forfeit all money and be deactivated as a Player. All wagers must be placed through the user interface provided on the Poker Room. Any wagering through other means, including the use of a "robot" player, is strictly forbidden. The Poker Room reserves the right to prohibit any Player from participating in any and all Games, and may, where situations warrant, freeze the chips of any Player suspected of cheating in any form. The Poker Room further reserves the right to restrict seating and/or to prohibit Players from playing in a particular Game, including restricting two or more Players from playing together at the same Game.
- If a Player had chips at a table during a server crash, the Game will be cancelled and all chips at the table and in play will be returned to the Player's account. In those and all other circumstances, the Poker Room, its affiliates, agents and licensors shall not be liable for any loss resulting from delays or interruptions to play due to failure breakdown malfunction or interruption of electronic or mechanical equipment, telephone internet connection or other communications facilities, or to storms, strikes, walkouts or other causes or to loss resulting from erroneous statements or to any other errors (together "Errors"). The Poker Room will at all times use reasonable endeavours to overcome any event of such Errors so far as it can, but does not guarantee its ability to do so.
- Laws regarding gaming vary throughout the world and Players specifically acknowledge that it is the responsibility of all Players to ensure that they understand and fully comply with any laws or regulations applicable in their own country or state. Players must be at least the age of legal majority or (if higher) over any specified age threshold required to participate in online gaming in or from the jurisdiction in which they reside.
- Each Player agrees to hold the Poker Room, its employees, officers, directors, licensees, licensors, affiliates, and subsidiaries harmless and further agrees to fully indemnify each and all of them from any and all costs, expenses, liabilities and damages whatsoever that may arise as a result of the Player's (a) entry, use, or reuse of the Poker Room, (b) use of any materials at the Poker Room, (c) participation in any of the Games, or, (d) acceptance of any cash payoff.
- The Poker Room will not sell Player information. The Poker Room will not disclose details of any net winnings or losses, except for accounting and record-keeping purposes. It is the responsibility of each Player to declare to any appropriate authority his or her net winnings or losses, including, if the Player resides in a jurisdiction where winnings are taxable, to keep track of these winnings and report them to the proper authorities.
- Players must comply with "table stakes" rules as set out by the Poker Room from time to time. In particular, a Player is not permitted to make a wager in excess of the value of chips on the table at the beginning of a hand. Players are permitted to acquire additional chips only between hands. If a Player runs out of chips during a hand, they are considered all-in. Players may not remove money from the table during a playing session. Taking money out of the game and continuing to play is not allowed in a table stakes format.
- Abusive or offensive language or other behaviour considered inappropriate by the Poker Room in the context of the product will not be tolerated. Bad behaviour or language identified by the Poker Room or brought to its attention will be dealt with swiftly, and may result in a suspension or loss of playing privileges or other such action as may be decided by the Poker Room.
- No Player may open more than one real money or play money account. Management reserves the right to suspend, terminate or freeze the funds in any duplicate accounts.
- In order to protect and provide our customers with a safe and secure environment in which to play poker we carry out security procedures and checks to guard against fraud and collusion, ensuring fairness of play at all times. From time to time we will wish to make checks on Player accounts and plays in the game(s) and this may result in suspension of use of accounts whilst these checks are carried out, as well as requests for information from Players. We believe it is in the best interests of Players and ourselves that we operate this process and it is a condition of participation that all Players acknowledge this and co-operate with us in this respect.
- You must be over 18 years old or of any higher age required by the jurisdiction in which you reside in order to register and play in the Poker Room. Any Player may be credit checked on application in order to prove their legal age. The Poker Room reserves the right to request proof of age documentation from any Player. Accounts may be suspended pending clarification.
- In the event of a tournament crash, any remaining prize pool will be distributed in accordance with our published tournament rules.
- As set out in more detail in the House Rules below, the Poker Room does not support private "deals" between players in tournaments, nor will the Poker Room assist in facilitating these "deals" or be liable in any way for broken "deals" or transactions not honoured by one of the parties.
- Players are asked to refrain from "table talk" or "coffee-housing" or talking during a hand in a way that compromises an opponent's hand. This applies to players playing in the hand or watching the hand. Repeated abuse of this aspect of behaviour will result in suspension or permanent restriction of play.
- The use of bot software or artificial intelligence by any Player whether commercially obtained or privately developed is strictly prohibited. We will actively look for such software on any Player’s device and you hereby agree that you will not interfere with any of our detection mechanisms. This rule applies regardless of whether a bot is actually used in conjunction with the Poker Room or not.
- The use of any software that (i) confers any sort of unfair advantage on the Player using it; (ii) shares hole card information among Players or assists collusion or cheating in any way; (iii) utilises a database of hands or Player profiles which is shared between users; (iv) reduces or eliminates the need for a human to make decisions (for example, tools which automatically fold specific starting hands); (v) is designed to data mine (i.e. gather hands or Player profiles beyond which the Player has observed from their own play); (vi) provides real time advice on the action to take during play (including ICM analysis tools); (vii) attempts to block any of our fraud and cheating detection mechanisms; is strictly prohibited. We will actively look for such software on any Player’s device and you hereby agree not to interfere with any of our detection mechanisms. This rule applies regardless of whether such software is actually used in conjunction with the Poker Room or not.
- The practice of datamining for any purpose including personal or commercial use, together with the use of any data which has been obtained by datamining and the sharing of any legitimately gathered data with other Players is strictly prohibited.
- Team play with or without prior agreement that results in the actual or theoretical detriment of other Players in the game (collusion) is strictly prohibited. Players must always play in their own individual best interests, may not work together with another Player to gain an advantage, must not ‘soft play’ against friends (i.e. a Player must play just as aggressively against somebody they know as they would against an unknown opponent), must not chip dump (i.e. intentionally lose hands or manipulate the gameplay in order to transfer funds to another Player), must not share hole card information with any other Player, must not play in the same cash game or Sit & Go tournament as any Player in which they have a financial interest (i.e. anyone with who, they have a staking, swap, profit sharing or bankroll sharing agreement) and must not encourage any other Player to collude. These rules apply whether or not there is any explicit agreement between the Players and whether or not any actual demonstrable harm has been caused to others.
- Any Player may only have one account with us. Under no circumstances should a player log into the Network with more than one account at the same time, even if the accounts are with different operators. Under no circumstances should a Player attempt to bypass any of the restrictions which prevent the creation and/or use of multiple accounts.
- Players must keep their account credentials (username, password or any other information used to access their account) secret and not reveal said details to any other person. Furthermore, Players may not allow any other person to use their account under any circumstances. A Player may not use any account other than their own.
- Players must play on their own behalf and in their own best interests. Playing on behalf of an employer, sweat shop, “gold farm” or any form of team or cooperative is strictly prohibited.
- Any attempt to gain an unfair advantage over other Players, whether specifically prohibited by the rules or not, is not allowed.
- Any person with a gambling problem must not sign up for an account or play under any circumstances. If a Player discovers that they have a gambling problem, they are required to inform us and cease playing in the Poker Room and on the Network immediately.
- In order to perform investigations, penalize Players who break the rules, stop fraudulently obtained funds from being withdrawn or where we otherwise reasonably determine, we reserve the right to lock and/or permanently close a Player’s account at our discretion and without prior notice.
- In the event of a violation of Our terms & conditions, the Poker terms and conditions, the Game Rules or the House Rules, we reserve the right to seize all of the funds in a Player’s account and to reverse any withdrawals that may be pending.