Play the UK’s Top Online Roulette Games
You can play online roulette right here at Grosvenor Casinos. You’ll find some of the most exciting online roulette games, including European roulette and 20p Roulette. Simply browse our collection and discover a variety of stunning visuals and thrilling gameplay.
Our huge selection of online roulette games range from traditional roulette to the latest, more innovative releases. We have classic online roulette tables, where you can take your time perfecting your betting strategy, checking the odds, or simply playing without the need to wait for other players.
And for an authentic casino experience, we also offer live roulette tables. You can try your hand at speed roulette, choose a table in a different language, experience the authentic Grosvenor ambience with Live Grosvenor Roulette, or even play at a table streamed live from some of our selected casinos, including the Victoria Casino in London and many other locations across the country where you can play Live and Direct.
Ready to play online roulette with us at Grosvenor Casinos? It’s time to place your bet and watch the roulette wheel spin. Just sign up with us today and you can take your pick from all the online roulette games at our online casino.
Online Roulette Games Available at Grosvenor Casinos
At Grosvenor Casinos, you’ll find a range of online roulette games to enjoy. Many are classic and others bring a slight twist to the usual gameplay. Some of our favourites include Casino Roulette, Lightning Roulette, 20p Roulette, European Roulette and Roulette x5.
All you need to do is sign up with us at Grosvenor Casinos and you can enjoy the best roulette games you’ll find online.
How to Play Online Roulette
The popularity of roulette, both in-casino and online, is partly to do with how simple it is to learn how to play. For first time players, the rules are fairly simple: pick a number or colour, place your bet, and spin the roulette wheel. After the wheel has been spun and comes to a stop, winnings will be paid based on which pocket the ball lands in.
Now, let's dive a bit deeper. In roulette, players can make both “inside” and “outside” bets. For example, when you place a bet on a single number it’s considered an inside bet. Outside bets are based on a broader category of numbers, including column bets, dozen bets, the colour of the number (red/black), and whether the number will be high/low or odd/even.
When the number ranges from 1 to 10 and 19 to 28, the odd numbers are red, and even numbers are black. In ranges from 11 to 18 and 29 to 36, odd numbers are black, even numbers are red. The 0 pocket in the wheel is always green.
Just before the ball slows to drop into one of the pockets on the roulette wheel, the dealer will call to indicate that no more bets are possible. In online roulette, a message will be shown on the screen. This signifies that all betting on the table must stop. Once the ball drops, the winning number, colour and odd/even is declared. In a casino, a “dolly” is placed in the betting area – also known as the “layout” – on top of the winning number.
Payouts will be made to all the winning players. It’s strictly prohibited to touch the chips on the roulette table from the moment “no more bets” has been called until the final payout has been made. In the online version of the game, this process happens almost instantly, and betting can begin again.
Over time, you’ll see that outside bets present better odds of winning but typically yield a lower payout. Inside bets have a much lower chance of winning, but the payout is greater if you do.
Think you know enough to play online roulette now? Simply sign up with us to start playing right away. If you need a little more info before you play, continue reading.
Types of Roulette Bets
Roulette in essence is a simple game. You place your bet on the roulette table, the croupier spins the roulette wheel, and you see if your bet has come in. If it has, you win.
But it isn’t always that simple. The type of bet you make impacts your chances of winning and how much you win if you do. You can make the following different roulette bets.
Inside Roulette Bets
These kinds of bets are where you bet on the inside of the roulette table. They offer a higher payout with a lower chance of winning. Inside bets include:
- Single Number Bets - Also known as Straight-up or Classic Bets. Players can wager on any individual number.
- Split Bets - Made on any two numbers that are adjacent to the table.
- Street Bets – Made on any row of three numbers on the table.
- Corner Bets – Also known as Square Bets. This bet is made on a square of four numbers on the roulette table.
- Six Line Bets – This bet is made across two lines of three numbers each, for a six-number total.
Outside Roulette Bets
With an outside bet, you place your chips outside the area where the numbers are on the table. Outside bets are easier to win, but payout less. If you’re a beginner, it’s a good idea to start with an outside bet with online roulette. Outside bets include:
- Dozen Bets – These bets cover one of three groups of 12 numbers.
- Odd and Even Bets – These bets cover all odd numbers or even numbers. If any number of your chosen type wins, this bet will payout.
- Red and Black Bets – These bets cover all numbers that have pockets of the same colour on the roulette wheel. If any number of that colour lands, this bet will payout.
- 1-18 and 19-36 – These two bets cover all numbers in their respective ranges. If any number in that set range lands, the bet will payout.
These bets will vary between European and American roulette rules, as both games offer some unique betting options.
Roulette Call Bets
Called bets in roulette are a little more complicated, and involve betting on a section of the wheel. They include:
- Voisins du Zero (Neighbours of Zero): A bet on the numbers around zero, between and including black 22 and red 25 with the green 0 roughly in the middle.
- Jeu Zero (Zero): A bet that covers the numbers in between and including black 15 and red 12.
- Le Tiers du Cylindre (Third of the Wheel): This bet covers one third of the wheel exactly and runs from black 33 to red 27.
- Orphelins (Orphans): This bet covers the eight numbers that aren’t included in either a Neighbours of Zero or Third of the Wheel bet.
- Finale (Final Bets): Straight bets on numbers that end with a specific digit. For example, 1, 11, 21, 31.
Online Roulette Game Payouts
Knowing how roulette pays out is important if you want to make the most of your bets. Payouts in roulette are calculated based on odds. These calculations will differ between European and American roulette games. The examples below apply to European rules:
- 0 = 35 to 1
- Straight Up = 35 to 1
- Split = 17 to 1
- Street = 11 to 1
- Corner = 8 to 1
- Top Line = 8 to 1
- Six Line = 5 to 1
- 1st Column = 2 to 1
- 2nd Column = 2 to 1
- 3rd Column = 2 to 1
- Dozens = 2 to 1
- Odd = 1 to 1
- Even = 1 to 1
- Red = 1 to 1
- Black = 1 to 1
- 1-18 = 1 to 1
- 19-36 = 1 to 1
Register to Play Roulette Online
Ready to play online roulette games with us at Grosvenor Casinos? All you need to do is follow these simple steps to start your membership:
- Click on the Sign-Up button in the top-right corner of this page. If you’ve played at one of our Grosvenor Casinos venues, you can simply log in using the details you’ve already given us. If not, you can register as a new player.
- Once your account is set up, you’ll find some great welcome offers that you can take advantage of when you make your first deposit.
- Having become a member, simply head to our online roulette page and choose your roulette game of choice.
- Start the game and place your roulette bet.
- You can also use the tabs at the top of the screen to browse our extensive selection of online games.
If you want to enjoy the very best online roulette games, don’t delay and get signed up to Grosvenor Casinos today.
For the full in-casino experience, simply register to become a Grosvenor Casinos member and visit your local Grosvenor Casino. Once you’re a member, you can take advantage of a variety of perks and useful options to make your gameplay more entertaining and comfortable!
Online Roulette FAQs
What is the Best Online Roulette Strategy?
Sometimes betting on roulette isn’t just as simple as a pick between red or black or odd or even. There are a number of roulette strategies that can help your betting. Top ones include:
- The Martingale System: With this system you increase your bets each time you lose, so when you eventually win you get your money back. The easiest way to implement the system is to bet on even-money outside bets, such as red or black, odd or even, 1-18 or 19-36. The system is logical and easy to implement, but you’re effectively betting big to win small as you’re concentrating on bets with the smallest pay outs.
- D’Alembert System: With this system, you increase your bet by one unit if you lose and decrease it by one unit if you win. If you lose your first £1 bet, you would then increase it to £2, then £3 if you lose again and so on. Say you finally win on your £4 bet, you would then decrease your next bet by one unit down to £3.
- The Fibonacci System: This involves betting in line with the numbers in a specific sequence. The next bet involves adding the last two bets together to get the amount of your stake. The sequence looks like this: 1– 1 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 8 – 13 – 21 – 34 – 55 – 89 – 144 – 233 – 377 – 610 – 987.
When you first start out playing roulette, you might be tempted to get into betting strategies and systems. We recommend first getting to grips with your chosen game and understanding the ins and outs of roulette before over-complicating things with betting strategies. You can learn more about how to play roulette with our helpful guide.
What is the Difference Between Live Roulette and Online Roulette?
Online roulette games involve an RNG (Random Number Generator) that determines the outcome of every spin. It is completely random and can’t be predicted. When you play online roulette, the roulette wheel, table and dealer will all be created in the game and will be replicated to mimic what you see in the casino, but it isn’t a real casino. You can play a wide range of online roulette games at Grosvenor Casinos – all you need to do is sign up and create an account with us.
Live Roulette Games on the other hand are streamed live to your phone, tablet or desktop. They are streamed from real casinos and studios, and involve real dealers and roulette wheels. It brings you a more realistic feeling and immersive gameplay compared to the classic online roulette games. At Grosvenor Casinos, you can even play Live Roulette streamed from some of our casinos, including Victoria Casino in London.
What is the Safest Bet in Roulette?
Outside bets are often the safest bets to make in roulette as they cover a significant amount of the possible outcomes. For example, if you bet on red, you’re covering half of the numbers the ball could land on. With outside bets, however, your chances of winning are higher but your payout will be less. A bet on red will pay out 1:1.