Grosvenor One Account Terms & Conditions
- Your Grosvenor One Account (‘GOA’) is your joint Website and in-Club account.
- Your GOA allows you to use the funds in your account (subject to these GOA Terms and Conditions) at:
- Any Grosvenor Casino (‘in-Club’), which is operated by either Grosvenor Casinos Limited, Grosvenor Casinos (GC) Limited or The Gaming Group Limited; and
- Grosvenorcasinos.com online and mobile (‘Website’), which is operated by Rank Digital Gaming (‘Alderney’) Limited.
- The companies referred to in clause 2 are together the ‘Grosvenor Group’. References to “we”, “our” or “us” are to the relevant member or members of the Grosvenor Group. Your personal information and records relating to your GOA belong to and may be shared between each member of the Grosvenor Group.
- By opening or converting to a GOA and using the products or services of any of the Grosvenor Group, you are agreeing to be bound by:
- You agree that you:
- Will only have 1 GOA which you will only use for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner and not in a way that could be considered discriminatory, defamatory, abusive or obscene or which could cause offence;
- Are at least 18 years of age (as underage gambling is an offence) and are acting for yourself for your own private use and not on behalf of anyone else;
- Are using your own funds that you can afford to gamble with or funds you are expressly entitled to use;
- Will not gamble with us unless you are in a fit state of mind to do so and are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs (whether legal, prescribed or proscribed);
- Are not an undischarged bankrupt or the subject of bankruptcy proceedings;
- Have not excluded yourself from gambling and have not previously held an account with us or with any other gambling operator (in both cases whether from premises, online or mobile) which was suspended or terminated due to your wrongdoing;
- Will provide such additional information about yourself as we may reasonably require;
- Do not work for any member of the Grosvenor Group or any of their associated companies or suppliers of gaming equipment or services;
- Will keep your GOA pin secure; and
- Will inform us of any changes to your status or the information you have provided to us such that the statements in this clause 6 and the information we have remains true, correct and complete at all times.
Verification, storage and use of your personal information
Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion
- We encourage you to play responsibly and within your financial means. We encourage you to use the features available in your GOA, including setting a deposit limit and, for Website, our reality checks (such as an hourly reminder of time spent on the site) and our take a break facility (a period of self-exclusion from 1 day upwards). We also urge caution with the use of ‘windfall’ amounts (such as a compensation payment, inheritance or pension pot); where such a sum is needed to provide ongoing financial support, please do not gamble with it.
- If you wish to take an enforced break from gaming, you can request that we prevent you from accessing your GOA. You may make such a request by contacting our customer services through any of the methods listed in section 13 or by speaking to a member of staff in-Club or utilising our Website feature for self-exclusion. Please include your full name, address, username and date of birth in your contact with us and please also tell us the reason why you wish to self-exclude.
- Use of this self-exclusion facility will result in your account being blocked for a minimum of six months. We will return any withdrawable balance of your account to you and we will not accept wagers from your account during this period. During the period in which you are excluded, you must not attempt to re-open your account or try to open new accounts. At your discretion your self-exclusion may apply to all of our Grosvenor clubs and/or all of our websites, including grosvenorcasinos.com and www.meccabingo.com. We will undertake reasonable checks to identify and block any accounts which we find under your name, date of birth and address, however it is your responsibility to notify us if an account may exist which does not match these exact details.
- If you do feel that you have a gambling problem, self-exclusion is advisable but should be used in conjunction with other self-help measures, such as seeking help and guidance from Gamcare (gamcare.org.uk). Please be aware that it is ultimately your own responsibility to uphold a self-exclusion but we will make all reasonable efforts to stop you playing on the account from which you have excluded. However, should you manage to gain access in-Club or open a new account by using different personal details of any kind, we will not be responsible for any losses you may subsequently incur as a result of your circumvention of the self-exclusion process and we may also withhold any winnings.
Telephone: 0800 083 1990
Live Chat: grosvenorcasinos.com
Post: Customer Services, P.O. Box 70695, London SW1P 9ZR
Deposits, withdrawals and protection of funds
- Funds may be deposited to your GOA in-Club in the following ways:
- At the Cash Desk by cash, debit card (which must belong to you and be registered in your name), chips, gaming plaques, verified winners cheques and TITO (ticket-in ticket-out);
- Cash deposited via slots or electronic roulette (together ‘Gaming Machines’); and
- Via a TITO ticket inserted into a Gaming Machine.
- Transfers of funds to or from your GOA at a Cash Desk or via a Gaming Machine will need to be validated with your pin number. The total amount of funds that can be deposited to your GOA in-Club is subject to your in-Club limits. Your winnings will not count towards this limit.
- The minimum amount of funds that can be deposited to your GOA s £5. Interest is not payable on your GOA balance.
- You can make withdrawals from your GOA up to your current available balance subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Withdrawals may be obtained from your GOA at the Cash Desk. The amount of funds that can be withdrawn is determined by the Club’s operational withdrawal limit and your customer status. For security purposes you may be requested to provide suitable proof of ID.
- You may withdraw in excess of the Club’s operational limits by contacting our Customer Services team. Such requests will be subject to security checks. It may take up to 48 hours after these security checks for funds to be made available for collection in-Club. For security purposes, you may be requested to provide suitable proof of ID in-Club.
- Please note that credit card or e-wallet deposits to your GOA may not be accessed or withdrawn in-Club. We may also apply restrictions in-Club on withdrawal of deposits made by debt card via the Website.
- We reserve the right to charge a processing fee of not more than £5 for bank transfer withdrawals. A transfer will only be made to an account in your name and such account must be held in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland or Gibraltar. Where you are requesting a bank transfer for the first time, we will require proof of identity to be provided.
- You may not make deposits and withdrawals to and from your GOA in order to obtain goods or services from a third party, such as loyalty rewards or vouchers.
- You may only make deposits and withdrawals into your GOA for the purpose of using the GOA in good faith and for the purpose for which it is provided and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your GOA in the event that we suspect that you are using it for any other purpose. We may also be required by law or any relevant authority to report any such activity and to act in accordance with that authority's directions in relation to your GOA and the funds in it.
- All members of the Grosvenor Group are wholly-owned subsidiaries of The Rank Group Plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Funds at least equal to the value of active customer balances are held in a designated bank account separated from our business accounts to ensure that there are always sufficient funds for customers to withdraw their balances at any time.
We hold such sums on trust for our customers for the sole purpose of enabling them to either withdraw their balance or to spend it with us.
This means that steps have been taken to protect your funds in the event of insolvency but that there is no absolute guarantee that all funds will be repaid. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the medium level of protection.
Further information about the protection of customer funds can be found at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/consumers/protection-of-customer-funds.aspx.
Use of GOA in-Club
- You can use your GOA in-Club to:
- deposit or withdraw funds at a Cash Desk;
- transfer funds to or from a Gaming Machine; and
- deposit in-Club winnings (please note these winnings would need to be verified before being used on the Website, which may take up to 24 hours).
- If as part of a promotion or competition we offer to credit an amount to your GOA (a ‘Bonus’), which you accept, then the following rules apply (in addition to the promotion or competition rules):
- the wagering requirements for the Bonus will be set out in the promotion or competition rules;
- you can only use the Bonus for placing wagers in-Club and/or Website as set out in the promotion or competition rules;
- you can only spend the Bonus after you have spent the cash in your account;
- any winnings from wagers made using Bonus funds (either wholly, or in part) will be credited to your active Bonus balance);
- if you do not satisfy the minimum wagering requirements within the timescale specified (or if no period is specified, 30 days after the Bonus was added to your GOA) or seek to withdraw any funds prior to doing so, then the Bonus balance (including winnings) will be forfeited; and
- if you accept more than one Website Bonus then the wagering requirements are added together for each Bonus (but the original timescale for each Bonus will continue to apply).
Exclusions and Limitations of Liability
- You accept that by using our services there is a risk that you may lose money as well as win and your GOA is at your sole option, discretion and risk.
- You specifically acknowledge, agree and accept that we are not liable to you or to anyone else for any of the following:
- errors; system, technical or communication delays, interruptions, malfunctions or failures; data non-delivery, mis-delivery or corruption; bugs or viruses or events outside of our reasonable control; and we will be entitled to declare any transactions affected by any such matter as void. We reserve the right to correct any settlement of a wager which is subsequently found to have been made as a result of any such matter. If following such correction your account balance becomes negative you must immediately deposit funds to increase your balance to at least zero;
- any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage; loss of profit, revenue or opportunity; loss of use of or corruption of software or data or damage to goodwill or reputation; however caused and whether foreseeable or not;
- if another person accesses your GOA using your card, personal details or pin; bets or wagers placed by such person may be considered valid or void in our absolute discretion. You should contact us immediately if you believe that your GOA, card, personal details or pin have been lost or compromised;
- any conduct of any third party or customer which is discriminatory, defamatory, abusive or obscene or which could cause offence;
- the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information services provided by us or our agents; or
- any failure on our part to observe our self-exclusion or responsible gambling policies and procedures.
- We will endeavour to provide our services using reasonable skill and care but we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to your GOA or that it will be free from errors. Further, whilst we take all reasonable measures to ensure that our software is free from viruses we cannot guarantee this and it is therefore your responsibility to protect your system. We therefore make no warranty or representation as to the performance or accuracy of your GOA.
- We reserve the right to seek criminal and other sanctions against you if you have, or we suspect you have, engaged in any form of collusion (including in relation to chargebacks), cheating (including obtaining any unfair advantage), fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity (together ‘Prohibited Conduct’) and you agree that we may disclose such information (including your personal information) to the relevant authorities and other relevant parties (such as credit card companies and other gambling operators).
- We reserve the right to terminate your GOA, forfeit your balance and recover from you the amount of any affected pay-outs, bonuses or winnings if:
- you are found to have participated in any Prohibited Conduct with us or with any other in-club, online or mobile provider of gambling services;
- we become aware that you have requested a chargeback or have denied any of the transactions made on your account;
- you become bankrupt or have equivalent proceedings occurring anywhere in the world;
- you have more than one account with us at any one time; or
- you are using our software and/or system in a manner which we (acting reasonably) deem inappropriate.
- We may at any time suspend your account while we investigate whether you have engaged in any Prohibited Conduct.
- You shall repay to us all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us arising directly or indirectly from your Prohibited Conduct.
Suspension or Termination
- We may refuse or void any transaction, suspend or terminate your GOA, forfeit your balance, recover any affected payouts, bonuses or winnings and recover our costs, expenses, charges and losses from you if, at any time, you are or we suspect you to:
- have participated in any Prohibited Conduct with us or with any other in-club, online or mobile provider of gambling services;
- have requested a chargeback or have denied any of the transactions made using your GOA; or
- be using your GOA in a manner which we (acting reasonably) deem inappropriate.
- We reserve the right to refuse or void any transaction or suspend or terminate your GOA in our absolute discretion at any time and for any reason. If we close your account under this clause (and not clause 36) we will return any account balance to you (following settlement of any outstanding bets and less any amounts attributable to bonuses where the bonus conditions have not been satisfied).
Account closure by you
- You can close your account at any time by contacting Customer Services. We will return any account balance to you (following settlement of any outstanding bets or liabilities and less any amounts attributable to bonuses where the bonus conditions have not been satisfied).
Dormant accounts and charges
- If, for a period of 12 consecutive months or more, your GOA has not been logged into or had funds deposited or withdrawn from it or a wager placed or settled from it, it will be deemed to be an ‘Inactive Account’.
- An Inactive Account will be charged an administration fee of £2.50 per month (or, should the account balance be under £2.50, an amount equal to the remaining balance) until the account balance is zero. The fee shall be deducted within 10 working days of the end of each calendar month.
- These charges shall be payable in respect of any Inactive Account until the earlier of (i) your GOA being reactivated by your use of it or (ii) the account balance being reduced to nil.
- If an Inactive Account remains without activity for a further period of twelve (12) consecutive calendar months, the account shall be deemed to be a ‘Dormant Account’. We may charge a handling fee of £10 which will be deducted from any remaining balance and your GOA will be closed. The remaining amount of cash held in the account (if any) at the time of such closure will be donated to a charity of our choice. This will not prevent you from entering any of our casinos and using other funds.
- You agree that all copyright, trademarks, designs, text, photographs, videos, images and graphics, look and structure, database rights and all other intellectual property rights relating to the GOA and our services (including the software) are and will remain our or our licensors’ property.
- You also agree and acknowledge that the material and content contained within your GOA is made available for your personal non-commercial use and that any other use of such material and content is not permitted.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights shall prevent us from exercising such rights in the future.
- You may not assign, transfer, charge or otherwise deal in your rights in your GOA without our prior written consent. We are entitled to assign, transfer, charge or otherwise deal in our rights under your GOA as we see fit.
Last updated on: 5 October 2017