Our Terms and Conditions
- Opening an account and gambling with us
- Proof of your age and identity
- Geographical restrictions
- Keeping your details up to date
- Your use of our website
- Placing a wager
- Deposits, withdrawals and bonusing
- Closing your account and inactive accounts
- Intellectual property
- Limitations on liability
- Self exclusion and Responsible Gambling
- Rights of other parties
- Law and jurisdiction
- Wifi access and usage
1.1 Welcome to grosvenorcasinos.com [and meccabingo.com], brought to you by Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited (a company registered in Alderney under number 1480) of La Corvee House, La Corvee, Alderney, Channel Islands, GY9 3TQ.
1.2 These conditions contain important information about your use of our website (which includes versions of our website viewed on mobile phones, tablets or other electronic devices). Please read them carefully before you register an account with us and before you start using our services.
1.3 By using our services, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions and each of the following:
- 1.3.1 privacy and cookies policy, which sets out how we use your data and what your rights are, which can be found here;
- 1.3.2 poker terms and conditions, for use of our poker products, which can be found here;
- 1.3.3 sports betting terms, conditions and rules, for use of our sportsbook, which can be found here;
- 1.3.4 individual games rules which can be found on the “game rules” tab for each game; and
- 1.3.5 specific event, competition or promotion rules which will be set out next to each event, competition or promotion;
1.4 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these conditions and the different sets of rules or policies referred in section 1.3 above, then whatever is in these conditions will apply instead of the relevant provision(s) in the other documents.
1.5 If you have any questions about these conditions then please get in touch with customer services and they will be happy to help you. You can reach us using any of the following:
Telephone (8am - midnight) : 0800 083 1990
Live Chat (24/7): Live chat
Post: Customer Services
PO Box 4933
1.6 Please note that we may record calls for training and monitoring purposes.
3.1 When opening an account you are requested to choose your own username and password. You should ensure that these details are kept private, as you are responsible for all activity on your account, where the correct security information has been provided. If you lose, or forget, your username and/or password, or if you believe that a third party is aware of them, you should contact us immediately. If another person accesses your account due to your negligence (for example, not keeping your username and password private or leaving your computer unattended without logging out) you are responsible for all their actions and any losses they may incur on your account.
3.2 When you open an account and when you gamble with us you are confirming that:
- 3.2.1 you are at least 18 years of age and above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (see section 4 – proof of age and identity);
- 3.2.2 you are not restricted from opening an account under the ‘Geographical restrictions’ section of these terms and conditions (see section 5);
- 3.2.3 you are accessing the website from United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland or Gibraltar;
- 3.2.4 you are acting for yourself and not on behalf of anyone else and are not limited in your legal capacity to enter into, and adhere to, these terms and conditions;
- 3.2.5 you are using your own funds that you can afford to gamble with or funds you are expressly entitled to use;
- 3.2.6 you will not gamble with us unless you are in a fit state of mind to do so and are not under the influence of alcohol or drugs (whether legal, prescribed or proscribed);
- 3.2.7 you are not an undischarged bankrupt or the subject of any bankruptcy proceedings;
- 3.2.8 you will only have one account for the website at any one time;
- 3.2.9 you have not excluded yourself from gambling and you have not previously held an account with us or with any other gambling operator (in both cases whether online or “in club”) which was suspended or terminated due to your wrongdoing;
- 3.2.10 the details that you have provided us with are true, correct and complete and you will inform us of any changes to the information you have provided in accordance with section 4 of these terms and conditions;
- 3.2.11 you will not use, or allow any other person to use, the website for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity; and
- 3.2.12 you do not work for us or one of our associated companies, or suppliers of our gambling equipment and services, and/ or are not otherwise acting on their behalf.
4.1 To register with us you must be at least 18 years of age and above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (the “Appropriate Age”), as underage gambling is an offence. We may request proof of age and residency documentation from you at any time which you agree to provide to us promptly. If you are subsequently found to be under the Appropriate Age at the time you placed transactions with us (or we are unable to verify your age for any reason) your account will be closed, all transactions placed whilst you were under the Appropriate Age will be voided and all related funds deposited will be returned. However we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable.
4.2 We are also required to comply with anti-money laundering legislation and we may request proof of identity information from you from time to time, which you agree to provide to us promptly. In particular, we may undertake a search with Experian for the purpose of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
4.3 You may sometimes be asked to provide background information about yourself and the source of the funds used to play on our websites. We may be required to obtain this information because:
a)We seek to ensure that our customers enjoy their play and do so within their means. This is a part of our “Keep it Fun” responsible gambling policy.
b)If customers regularly spend higher amounts with us, like all operators we have a legal obligation to show that the money being spent is legitimate. This does not mean that we are suspicious about you personally.
4.4 By registering with this site, you agree to provide any appropriate information needed to meet the requirements mentioned above
5.1 We only accept wagers or play from persons located in United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar (the “Permitted Jurisdictions”). This list of Permitted Jurisdictions may be changed by us from time to time.
5.2 It is your responsibility to comply at all times with your own local, national or state laws that relate to gambling.
5.3 You agree not to attempt to circumvent our jurisdictional controls, whether by use of a virtual private network or otherwise. Although we take appropriate measures to restrict access to our website to persons located in the Permitted Jurisdictions, no winnings shall be paid to you if you do obtain access outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
5.4 We reserve the right to terminate your account and refuse any use of our services if we know or reasonably suspect that you have been using them whilst located outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
If any of your personal account details or financial information relevant to your account change, you must inform us immediately, as failure to do so may result in transactions being declined by your financial institution. To change any of your account information, you can access and amend your information using the “My Account” section of the website. Should your credit card used on your account be lost, stolen or re-issued, please notify us as soon as possible by contacting customer services.
7.3 We may withdraw any promotional offers (including bonuses, free bets or tokens) at any time.
7.4 As part of our sports book offering we may make certain third party data services available to you, including but not limited to horse racing and greyhound data from the Press Association and live scores and statistics from Betradar, (“Third Party Data Services“). In relation to the Third Party Data Services you agree:
7.4.1 that it may only be used for your own personal use and you will not distribute or commercially exploit it or any part of it;
7.4.2 use of the Third Party Data Services is at your sole risk;
7.4.3 neither we, our sports book provider (Kambi Sports Solutions (Alderney) Limited), the Press Association or any other third party data provider or any of their licensors give any warranty as to the accuracy of any data or that the supply of such data will be uninterrupted.
8.1 You must exercise your own judgment in placing a wager and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement or advice from us or our employees in deciding to place a wager.
8.2 We may refuse or limit the whole or part of any wager for any reason at our discretion. You are not allowed to place a wager greater than the amount in credit in your account.
8.3 We may set the maximum and minimum stake amounts and these will be set out in the individual games rules.
8.4 Wagers do not become valid until our systems confirm that the wager has been accepted and until we have received payment.
8.5 For some games, we will pass you to a third party system. These systems may not provide you with all of the reporting information you will find on our main site. Should you require additional wager information, please contact our customer services.
9.1 You may deposit monies to an account with us by using the payment methods listed on the website.
9.2 Interest is not payable on account balances.
9.3 You can make withdrawals from your account up to your current available balance subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- 9.3.1 for all debit or credit cards, if you wish to withdraw an amount in excess of £15,000 per day, please contact customer services;
- 9.3.2 for non-UK issued Mastercards (including some UK Mastercards), we may not able to pay funds back to these credit cards. Withdrawals will, where possible, be processed by bank transfer;
- 9.3.3 for Visa cards and other third party payment processing websites (such as Neteller & Skrill), there may be limits on withdrawals put in place by the relevant payment service provider from time to time. You should contact customer services in the event that you wish to withdraw funds in excess of these limits; and
- 9.3.4 for bank transfer to UK bank accounts, each withdrawal must be at least £5, or other currency equivalent (save in the case of a final withdrawal to close an account).
9.4 We reserve the right to charge a processing fee of not more than £5 for bank transfer withdrawals. A transfer will only be made to an account in your name and such account must be held in a Permitted Jurisdiction. Where you are requesting a bank transfer for the first time, we will require proof of identity to be provided.
9.5 If as part of a promotion or competition that you take part in we credit an amount to your account(a ‘Bonus’) then the following rules apply (in addition to the promotion or competition rules):
- 9.5.1 the wagering requirements for the Bonus will be set out in the promotion or competition rules;
- 9.5.2 you can only use the Bonus for placing wagers on our website;
- 9.5.3 you can only spend the Bonus after you have spent the cash in your account;
- 9.5.4 when placing a bet that uses a combination of cash and bonus funds, any winnings generated from that bet will be credited proportionately to your cash and bonus balances;
- 9.5.5 if you do not satisfy the minimum wagering requirements within the timescale specified (or if no period is specified, 30 days after the Bonus was added to your account) or seek to withdraw any funds prior to doing so, then the Bonus balance (including winnings) will be forfeited; and
- 9.5.6 if you have more than one active Bonus then the wagering requirements may be combined (as to wagering target and/or expiry). If in any doubt please contact customer services for confirmation.
9.6 You may not make deposits and withdrawals to and from your account with us in order to obtain goods or services from a third party, such as loyalty rewards or vouchers.
9.7 You may only make deposits and withdrawals into your account for the purpose of using the website in good faith and for the purpose for which it is provided and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account in the event that we suspect that you are using your account for any other purpose. We may also be required by law or any relevant authority to report any such activity and act in accordance with that authority's directions in relation to your account and the funds in it.
9.8 Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited, which operates grosvenorcasinos.com and meccabingo.com, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Rank Group Plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Funds at least equal to the value of active customer balances are held in a designated bank account separate from our business accounts to ensure that there are always sufficient funds for customers to withdraw their balance at any time. We hold such sums on trust for our customers for the sole purpose of enabling them to either withdraw their balance or to place stakes on our website. This means that steps have been taken to protect your funds in the event of insolvency but that there is no absolute guarantee that all funds will be repaid. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the medium level of protection. Further information about the protection of customer funds can be found at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/consumers/protection-of-customer-funds.aspx.
10.1 We reserve the right to close your account, or withdraw the website, at any time and we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of such closure or withdrawal.
10.2 You may close your account at any time by notifying us.
10.3 On the closure of your account, subject to any deductions permitted under these conditions, you will be entitled to the return of any balance remaining in your account.
10.4 If, for a period of 12 consecutive months or more, an account has not:
- 10.4.1 had funds deposited in it; or
- 10.4.2 had funds withdrawn from it; or
- 10.4.3 had a wager placed from it; or
- 10.4.4 had a wager settled from it; or
- 10.4.5 had a log in into the account,
- it will be deemed to be an “Inactive Account”.
10.5 An Inactive Account will be charged an administration fee of £2.50 per month (or, should the account balance be under £2.50, an amount equal to the remaining balance) until the account balance is zero. The fee shall be deducted within 10 working days of the end of each month.
10.6 These charges shall be payable in respect of any Inactive Account until the earlier of (i) the account being reactivated by you using the account or (ii) the account balance being reduced to nil.
10.7 If an Inactive Account remains without activity for a further period of twelve (12) consecutive calendar months, the account shall be deemed to be a "Dormant Account". We may charge a handling fee of £10 which will be deducted from any remaining balance and the account will be closed. The remaining amount of cash held in the account (if any) at the time of such closure will be donated to a charity of our choice.
11.1 You agree that all copyright, trademarks, designs, text, photographs, videos, images and graphics, look and structure, of our website, database rights and all other intellectual property rights relating to the website and its contents (including the software) are and will remain our or our licensors’ property.
11.2 You also agree and acknowledge that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use and that any other use of such material and content is not permitted.
12.1 You accept that by using the website there is a risk that you may lose money as well as win.
12.2 We will endeavour to provide the website using our reasonable skill and care.
12.4 We only supply the website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the website for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
13.1 We do not accept any liability for errors or malfunctions on the website or software or any other element of our service and we will be entitled to declare any transactions affected by any such error or malfunction as void.
13.2 We reserve the right to correct any settlement of a wager which is subsequently found to have been made as a result of any error or malfunction. If following such correction your account balance becomes negative you must immediately deposit funds to increase your balance to at least zero.
14.1 If you wish to take an enforced break from gaming, you can request that we prevent you from accessing your account. If you choose to do this, it will be a minimum of six months before you may apply for reinstatement. You have the choice of selecting a self-exclusion period of up to at least 5 years.
14.2 You may make such a request by contacting our customer services through any of the methods listed in section 1 above or by utilising our website feature for self-exclusion. Please include your full name, address, username and date of birth in your contact with us and please also tell us the reason why you wish to self-exclude from our website.
14.3 Use of this opt-out facility will result in your account being blocked for a minimum of six months. We will return any withdrawable balance of your account to you and we will not accept wagers from your account during this period. During the period in which you are excluded, you must not attempt to re-open your account or try to open new accounts. Your self-exclusion will apply to all of our websites, including www.grosvenorcasinos.com and www.meccabingo.com. We will undertake reasonable checks to identify and block any accounts which we find under your name, date of birth and address, however it is your responsibility to notify us if an account may exist which does not match these exact details.
14.4 If you do feel that you have a gambling problem, self-exclusion is advisable but should be used in conjunction with other self-help measures, such as seeking help and guidance from Gamcare (gamcare.org.uk). Please be aware that it is ultimately your own responsibility to uphold a self-exclusion but we will make every effort to stop you playing on the account from which you have excluded. However, should you manage to open a new account by using different personal details of any kind, we will not be responsible for any losses you may subsequently incur as a result of your circumventing the self-exclusion process and may also withhold winnings in certain cases.
14.5 If you would like to take a temporary break from gambling on-line, you can choose a break period from 1 day up to 6 weeks. This feature is available the responsible gaming section of my account. If you choose to take a break, you will not be able to access your account and you will be prevented from gambling until your break period has finished. Once you have confirmed that you wish to take a break, we will be unable to reverse this process.
14.6 We encourage you to play responsibly and within your financial means. We encourage you to use the features available in your account, including setting a deposit limit and reality checks (such as an hourly reminder of time spent on the site). We urge caution with the use of ‘windfall’ amounts (such as a compensation payment, inheritance or pension pot); where such a sum is needed to provide ongoing financial support, please do not gamble with it.
14.7 In order to protect young persons and children from accessing our online gambling sites, we recommend that responsible adults install internet filtering software on their computers. This provides the ability to control content displayed, block websites and set up passwords to prevent gambling sites being available to underage persons. There are many internet filtering software choices available and you can view a selection of solutions, as recommended by Internet Filter Review, by visiting internet-filter-reviews.toptenreviews.com.
15.1 We reserve the right to seek criminal and other sanctions against you if you have, or we suspect you have, engaged in fraudulent, dishonest or criminal acts and we will disclose information to the relevant authorities and other relevant parties (such as credit card companies).
15.2 We reserve the right to terminate your account, forfeit the balance of your account and recover from your account the amount of any affected pay-outs, bonuses or winnings if:
- 15.2.1 you are found to be participating in any form of collusion, fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity;
- 15.2.2 we become aware that you have placed wagers and/or gamed with any other online provider of gambling services and have engaged (as a result of such play) in any collusion (including in relation to charge-backs), fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity;
- 15.2.3 we become aware that you have requested a charge-back or have denied any of the transactions made on your account;
- 15.2.4 you become bankrupt or have equivalent proceedings occurring anywhere in the world;
- 15.2.5 you have more than one account with us at any one time; or
- 15.2.6 you are using our software and/or system in a manner which we (acting reasonably) deem inappropriate and we may at any time suspend your account while we investigate whether you have engaged in any of the conduct described above.
15.3 You shall repay to us all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us arising directly or indirectly from your fraud, dishonesty or criminal actions.
16.1 As part of our security measures, we may perform random security checks on your account and keep records of transactions and wagers. As part of these checks we may request from you additional documentation or information and we may terminate and/or suspend your registration and/or account and/or withhold payment to you if we do not receive such documentation within the time period we specify.
16.2 You agree that we may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency which may keep a record of that information.
17.1 If you wish to make a complaint regarding our website, you should contact customer services. The methods by which you can get in touch with us are listed in section 1.5 above.
17.2 All complaints should be notified to us as soon as possible and in particular all game claims or disputes should be raised with our customer services team within seven (7) days of the original transaction. You must also provide the Game ID and a screenshot of the game as it finished in order for us to assist you.
17.3 Customers who are dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint may escalate the matter further as follows: UK residents may contact an Alternative Dispute Resolution Service (ADR), a service provided by the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) who may be contacted at www.ibas-uk.com.
Non-UK residents may contact the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC): https://www.gamblingcontrol.org/?s=complaints.
You are also entitled to use the European Online Dispute Resolution forum at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ to resolve disputes.
18.1 For certain of our services, you may need to download or use certain additional software, including software provided by third parties.
18.2 You may be required to enter into end user terms and conditions of use in order to make use of such software. You agree to be bound by the terms of any such agreement.
18.3 You shall not interfere with, copy, modify or reverse engineer any software provided to you by us and/or any third party or attempt to do so, except as permitted by law.
23.1 Grosvenor’s guest Wi-Fi is brought to you by Rank Leisure Holdings Limited (‘Rank’) of TOR, Saint Cloud Way, Maidenhead SL6 8BN (‘Rank Guest Wi-Fi’). If you use other services (such as an application or website) while using Rank Guest Wi-Fi, your use of those services will be governed by the terms and conditions provided to you in association with those services. Rank Guest Wi-Fi does not control and is not responsible for third-party data, content, services, or products that you access or download through Rank Guest Wi-Fi. Rank may block any sites or any content at any time. We reserve the right to terminate your use of Rank Guest Wi-Fi at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
23.2 Privacy and Security
We may collect information about your usage of Rank Guest Wi-Fi, such as when and for how long you use the network and the frequency and size of any data transfers. We may also collect information about the geographic Wi-Fi base stations through which you connect to the Rank Guest Wi-Fi. You understand that Rank Guest Wi-Fi, which utilises wireless technologies, is not inherently secure and that wireless communications may not remain private or free of interception or access by others. We will not be liable to you or any other party for any lack of security that may result from your use of Rank Guest Wi-Fi. You agree that you are solely responsible for implementing and maintaining appropriate technological and other safeguards to ensure the safety and security of your device and anything stored on, or transmitted by, your device. Rank Guest Wi-Fi does not exercise control over third party services you may use while using Rank Guest Wi-Fi. Third-party services may place their own cookies or other files on your computer or device, collect data, or solicit information from you. For more information, consult the applicable privacy policies for those services.
23.3 Your Responsibilities - Proper Use:
We will assign you a temporary IP address each time you access Rank Guest Wi-Fi. You may not program any other IP or MAC address into your device that accesses Rank Guest Wi-Fi. You may not use Rank Guest Wi-Fi for improper activities. Examples of improper activities include, without limitation:
- 23.3.1 Modifying, adapting, translating, reverse engineering, reselling, renting, sharing or distributing any aspect of the Rank Guest Wi-Fi;
- 23.3.2 Attempting to break security, access, tamper with or use any unauthorised parts of Rank Guest Wi-Fi or any third-party devices, accounts, equipment or networks;
- 23.3.3 Attempting to collect or maintain any information about other users of Rank Guest Wi-Fi (including usernames and/or email addresses) or other third parties;
- 23.3.4 Creating or transmitting any communications on behalf of a third party, any commercial communications or any unsolicited electronic communications such as “spam,” or “chain mail”, charity requests or petitions for signature;
- 23.3.5 Using Rank Guest Wi-Fi to transfer technology, software or other materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations;
- 23.3.6 Transmitting content that falsely expresses or implies that it is sponsored or endorsed by Rank, Mecca, Grosvenor or Luda, that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights of any party, or that is defamatory, unlawful or promotes or encourages illegal activity;
- 23.3.7 Transmitting any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive or obstructive nature;
- 23.3.8 Using Rank Guest Wi-Fi to advertise, solicit, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available obscene or indecent images or other materials; or
- 23.3.9 Using Rank Guest Wi-Fi for any unlawful, harassing, abusive, criminal or fraudulent purpose.
- 23.3.10 Streaming live, downloading or uploading any pornographic content, copyrighted content, banned content, torrent streams or any data & any multimedia that may be considered inappropriate in a public setting.
You are responsible for your conduct and the conduct of anyone who uses Rank Guest Wi-Fi via your device.
We reserve the right to monitor, intercept and disclose any transmissions over or usingRank Guest Wi-Fi, and to provide user information to disclose illegal activity to relevant authorities.
23.4 Disclaimer of Warranties:
Rank and its employees, affiliates, suppliers, licensors and licensees disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material displayed in or accessible through the Rank Guest Wi-Fi. Rank disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store or send and untimely delivery of any information or material. Rank disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the internet through the Rank Guest Wi-Fi.
You understand and agree that:
- The rank guest wi-fi will not be uninterrupted or error-free,
- There is no warranty or guarantee regarding the coverage, speed or quality of the rank guest wi-fi,
- Rank has no control over third party networks or sites you may access in the course of your use of the rank guest wi-fi, and
- You download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of the rank guest wi-fi at your own discretion and risk and
- That you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, device or loss of data that results from the download of any material or data.
23.5 Revisions to this Policy:
We may revise this Policy at any time and will notify you of any changes when you log-in to the Rank Guest Wi-Fi.
Last updated on: 1st February 2018
- Who we are , what we do and how to contact us
- What Information do we collect?
- Information Sharing
- How we use your information and who we share it with
- Your Consent Preferences
- Your Rights
- Information Retention
- International Transfers
These online services are provided by Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited, a company registered in Alderney under company number 1480 (“Rank”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
We are part of The Rank Group Plc group of companies (‘Rank Group’) which operates gaming venues in Europe and digital gaming sites, including the Bella Casino, Enracha, Grosvenor Casino, Luda Bingo and Mecca Bingo brands.
If you have any questions about this policy or your rights please contact us at:
Bella Casino – 0330 102 8582
Grosvenor Casino – 0800 083 1990
Luda – 0800 107 9435
Mecca Bingo - 0800 083 1988
Data Protection Officer, Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited, c/o TOR, Saint Cloud Way, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 8BN
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains the basis on which personal information we collect about you will be processed by us. Where we decide the purpose, or means, for which personal data is processed, we are the ‘data controller’. We will comply with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
This policy explains the following:
- What personal information we collect;
- How we use that information;
- Who we may disclose that information to; and
- Your rights.
Our services contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. These third-party websites will have their own privacy policies and we recommend you review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or which are collected by cookies whilst visiting those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for them and your use of them is at your own risk.
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data. Click on a heading to find out more.
You may give us information about you during the registration process or when using our services, requesting to join our mailing lists, taking part in market research or customer satisfaction surveys or dealing with our customer services team.
In addition, we are required to comply with anti-money laundering and responsible gambling legislation and we may request proof of identity and source of funds information from you from time to time, which you must provide to us promptly.
This may include your name, username, age, date of birth, gender, address, image, telephone number, e-mail address, password and other identity or source of funds information.
In relation to your activity on our online services, we may collect information relating to the web address that you arrive from or click through to, pages viewed, page response times, download errors, the length of time you spend on certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, wagers, and methods used to browse away from our pages.
When you are logged into your Rank user account, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location to verify your identity, ensure that your location is within our permitted territories and to display relevant advertisements and promotions to you.
We may collect technical information about your computer and/or device that may identify you, including your IP and MAC address, operating system, browser type, time-zone and browser plug-in details.
In order for you to use all the functions of our services we collect payment information from you including your debit or credit card number and bank account details.
We may collect information about you from third party service providers. This may include information to check your age, identity or source of funds and to reduce risk or prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
Our providers may check the details we supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
The service providers we use for these purposes may include:
C6 Intelligence Information Systems
In addition to the third parties listed in this policy, examples of the types of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our IT systems;
- Direct Marketing companies that help us deliver our service to you;
- Data insight companies to help us ensure your details are correct and up to date; and
- Third party sites such as Google and Facebook which might advertise our services.
In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email, account message and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
As applicable, we will use information about you for delivering our service under the agreement between us, including to respond to your enquiries; to contact you about matters requiring your attention; and to provide you with a responsible gaming environment. We may use third parties to assist us with this.
All our services’ financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers, who will have access to your payment information.
The service providers we use for these purposes may include:
In order to provide the games to you, we may share your user ID, country code, username, full name, date of birth and gender with various third-party games providers. The service providers we use for these purposes may include:
Extreme Live Gaming
Kambi Sports Solutions
International Game Technology
Microgaming Software Systems
Play n Go
Red Tiger Gaming
The Games Company
We process personal data for our legitimate interests of ensuring that your use of our online services is lawful and non-fraudulent, does not disrupt the operation of our services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, and to enforce our legal rights and comply with our legal obligations.
We may use third party providers to assist us with this. To do so they may check the details we supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
The service providers we use for these purposes may include:
C6 Intelligence Information Systems
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any of the applicable laws, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
We will use information about you (in particular, how you use our services), to optimise and tailor our services to you and allow us to cater to your preferences. This may mean that when you are accessing our website though your account, the website looks different than when another person accesses it through their account.
We process personal data in this way for the legitimate interests of ensuring that you and other users have the best experience when using our services.
Direct Marketing: We might send you marketing e-mails about products or services which are similar to or related to those available via our online services, or contact you by phone, SMS or post. We do this in our legitimate interest of marketing our business and we only do this in accordance with the laws relating to marketing directly to individuals.
Group Marketing: With your consent, we may use various forms of marketing to provide you with promotional materials about the services of other companies in the Rank Group.
Targeted Marketing: With your consent, we may use the information we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisements via our own channels (i.e. our websites, apps, display advertising) and third-party channels, including across multiple devices or browsers. We do this to provide you with more relevant advertising content.
The third-party channels we use for these purposes may include:
Affiliate networks and partner channels
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and near field communication
We may use third-party providers to assist us with our marketing.
To re-set your consent preferences at any time please see section 5.
We process information to understand how visitors use our website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity.
This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of improving our services, and providing a better and more personalised experience to our users.
We may use third party analytics providers.
The third-party providers we use for these purposes may include:
You may from time to time be asked to give your consent to your information being used for specific purposes, including marketing.
If you wish to alter your consent preferences at any time you can do so in the My Account section of this site. It may take us a short time to action these preferences.
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to respond without undue delay, and within one month at the latest. To make a request, please see our contact details at section 1.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have data deleted or any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- You consented to Rank processing the personal data, and have withdrawn that consent;
- Rank no longer needs to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
- Rank is processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of Rank, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
- The personal data was unlawfully processed; or
- You need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- If we are processing data to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
- If you request, Rank will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer.
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- If you are unhappy with the way Rank is processing your personal data, please let us know.
- If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority, which for UK customers will be the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We will cease use of your data for marketing purposes no more than two years after your last transaction with us. We typically retain your data for seven years from when our relationship ends to satisfy our regulatory obligations, including anti-money laundering regulations. If we hold any information relating to problem gambling matters or any suspension or termination of your account, we may hold this for a longer period, as we reasonably deem necessary.
We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at Information.Centre@rank.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss or misuse of your personal information.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
We will notfiy you of any significant changes to this policy by email, notice on the site or by account message.
Where we transfer your data outside of the EEA, we have agreements in place with those parties which include standard data protection clauses to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data.
Last Updated: 11 May 2018
We may obtain information about you by using cookies. Cookies are small software files, typically consisting of numbers and letters, which are placed by a website or app onto the device used to access that our online services.
We will place cookies onto any devices you use to access our online services. These cookies will enable information to be stored on your devices and sent between our online services and your devices.
Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser or device which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do not accept cookies you may be unable to access the whole or part of our online services or may be unable to enjoy the benefit of their full functionality.
We work with third parties who may also set cookies on our website, including, for example, our media buying partners, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis, which we use to enable gambling functionality, enable social networking functionality, deliver ads, and monitor how visitors use our online services. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on your device. We have no control over these cookies or how they are used. Further information about these third party cookies may be provided in the cookie policies of the relevant third parties.
An indication of the types of cookies that may be placed on your devices can be found in the table below:
To log you into our online services and keep you logged in.
To keep track of wagers that you have placed.
To remember information about you such as your preferred language and configuration. This allows us to customise our online services according to your individual interests.
To help us understand how you use our online services, and how often, so we can improve them to deliver a better experience for our users.
To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services. This also enables us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
To deliver ads which are more relevant to your interests, and to measure their performance.
Last updated: 11 May 2018