Play Online Baccarat at Grosvenor Casinos
Online baccarat (or punto banco) is one of the simplest, but most exciting online card games you can play. One of the most popular table games, baccarat is played around the world and is enjoyed by people who like fixed-odds games where the dealer does most of the work. At Grosvenor Casinos, you can choose to play from a range of different baccarat games, including First Person Baccarat, First Person Dragon Tiger, Punto Banco, and Live Speed Baccarat A.
Baccarat is, put simply, a game of pure chance.
Baccarat card values
Baccarat card values are easy to understand. There are just a few simple rules.
- Cards from 2-9 award the corresponding number of points.
- 10 and face cards (Jack, Queen and King) award 0 points.
- Aces award 1 point.
Play Baccarat Online
To play online baccarat today, register with Grosvenor Casinos online. Once registered, you can also play table games such as roulette and poker, or even try your hand at some exhilarating sports betting. We also have a great selection of online slots. If you’re looking for the best Live Casino games, Grosvenor Casinos has it all!
What is Baccarat?
Baccarat is a card game that’s fun for many players because it’s so easy to learn! Unlike other card games, Baccarat is considered a pure game of chance with little strategy or skill involved. Two hands are dealt with either 2 or 3 cards, depending on the variation of Baccarat you’re playing. Once bets are placed and each hand has been dealt, the cards are revealed and the highest value hand is declared the winner.
How to play Baccarat?
You can learn how to play baccarat in just a few minutes! You’re only required to place your bets at the start of the game and your choices are quite simple.
Baccarat is really easy to pick up and play. Before you join a game, here’s what you need to know:
Before the player and banker hands are dealt, bettors must decide on whether they are betting on the player’s hand or the banker’s hand.
The dealer then puts down 2 cards for the player, and 2 cards for the banker. These can be face up, or face down, depending on where you play. Each card has a different value. Cards 2 to 9 are worth their respective numbers, while the 10, Jack, King and Queen are worth 0. Aces are worth 1. Once both hands are revealed, whichever is the closest to 9, wins.
If you’ve bet on the player hand and it’s the winning hand, you’ll win double your stake. If you bet on the banker’s hand and it wins, you’ll be rewarded with 95% of your wager. If the cards add up to more than 9, you remove 10 from the total. For example, if you get a 5 and an 8, your hand has a total value of 13. So you’d drop the value of the hand by 10, giving your hand a total value of 3.
What are the basic rules of Baccarat?
There are just a few key rules you’ll need to bear in mind when playing online or in-casino Baccarat:
- First, the player chooses where to place their bet. Either on the player’s hand, the banker’s hand or on a tie.
- Then two cards are dealt for the banker and for the player, and the value of the cards is added together. The hand that’s equal or the closest to 9 points, wins.
- If the player’s hand equals 5 or less, they will get another card.
- If the banker’s hand equals 5 or less, they will also get another card.
- If the value of a hand is greater than 9, 10 is deducted from it. For example, a hand that’s worth 15 would actually countas 5.
- If you bet on the player’s hand and win, you’ll win 100% of your bet.
- If you bet on the banker's hand and win, you’ll win 95% of your bet.
- If you bet on a tie, you’ll win 8x your original bet.
How do bets work in Baccarat?
Betting in Baccarat, either online or in-casino, is easy to understand. Here are the 3 basic betting options:
- You can wager on the player’s hand. If you win, you’ll take home 100% of your initial bet.
- You can wager on the banker’s hand, and if the banker wins, the payout is 95%.
- You can also wager on a tie. This will give you an 8-1 payout, butis the riskiest betting option since the chances of winning are low.
Remember, if the total value of either hand exceeds 9, you combine the value of each card, then drop the first digit. For example: 5 + 8 = 13. So you’d drop the 1 and your true value is then 3.
Other versions of online Baccarat, including First Person Baccarat, Live Baccarat A, and Punto Banco, may also offer a variety of side betting options.
You can view all Live Baccarat Games and Play Traditional Baccarat Online when you join.
What is a player bet in Baccarat?
A player bet simply means you’re wagering on the hand dealt to the player. The return on this bet is typically twice your initial stake.
Want to try and place a bet? You can start betting on Punto Banco, a classic and well-loved version of Baccarat.
What is a banker bet in Baccarat?
This means that you’re wagering on the banker’s dealt hand to come closest to the target value of 9. If you bet and win with the banker’s hand, you’ll win 95% of your stake.
It’s important to note that the banker bet is considered the most favourable option. It presents the lowest house advantage which is why it’s the most popular betting option in Baccarat.
Place your first banker bet in one of the many versions of online Baccarat, including Live Baccarat, Baccarat Switch, and Speed Baccarat A. Join us and begin betting on our fun range of Baccarat online casino games.
What is a tie bet in Baccarat?
A tie bet means you’re wagering that the values of the player’s hand and banker’s hand will be the same. The odds of this happening are slim, with it usually only occurring once every 11 hands. If a tie bet does come in, you’ll typically be paid 8x your stake.